$10,000 worth of baseball tattoos? Sure, why not.

Apr 23, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT

Tattoo needle

In 1993, for about ten minutes, I considered getting a small baseball tattooed on my arm. I talked myself out of it.  That’s just one of the many differences between me and this fellow named Mike McWain:

Mike McWain of Pasco is devoted to baseball. To pay homage to the game and its iconic players of yesteryear, McWain had a field of dreams tattooed across his back, shoulders and arms.

“Shoeless” Joe Jackson is there, along with Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb.

$10,000 worth of work, all able to be loved and appreciated in this slideshow.

Ouch.

(via BTF)

1. Gobias Industries - Apr 23, 2012 at 11:53 AM

$10,000 of baseball tattoos and not one Chief Wahoo? At least he’s got that going for him.

2. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Apr 23, 2012 at 12:14 PM

If you ink it, they will come.

3. phukyouk - Apr 23, 2012 at 12:28 PM

well hes getting a tattoo, yea he’s getting ink done….

• drunkenhooliganism - Apr 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Instead of a Babe Ruth, they drew an Adam Dunn

• phukyouk - Apr 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM

AWE-FU*KING-SOME!

i was trying to think of something like that but i couldnt do it. thank you!

• seeinred87 - Apr 23, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I deemed this post awesome enough to be my first post on HBT. Phenomenal.

• sportsdrenched.com - Apr 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM

This post wins the interwebs for the season.

4. Joe - Apr 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Good god, he had giant scars tattooed down his sides. Yuck!

5. brewcrewfan54 - Apr 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM

That isn’t my thing but nobody can question his fandom.

6. randygnyc - Apr 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I don’t know about anyone else, but I find it strange that the only portraits he has is of players that he never saw play. (I suppose I think it’s strange to memorialize anyone I didn’t know personally)

7. contraryguy - Apr 23, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Just for kicks, the tattooist snuck in a Mario Mendoza on the lower back.

8. dowhatifeellike - Apr 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM

4/10. Could have been done so much better. The stitches are pretty cool though.

9. bbk1000 - Apr 24, 2012 at 6:46 AM

“In 1993, for about ten minutes, I considered getting a small baseball tattooed on my arm. I talked myself out of it. ”

I thought you were more of a tramp stamp guy….

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (2999)