Apr 23, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
In 1993, for about ten minutes, I considered getting a small baseball tattooed on my arm. I talked myself out of it. That’s just one of the many differences between me and this fellow named Mike McWain:
Mike McWain of Pasco is devoted to baseball. To pay homage to the game and its iconic players of yesteryear, McWain had a field of dreams tattooed across his back, shoulders and arms.
“Shoeless” Joe Jackson is there, along with Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb.
$10,000 worth of work, all able to be loved and appreciated in this slideshow.
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 8
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 59
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 25
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 29
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (107)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)