Apr 23, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
In 1993, for about ten minutes, I considered getting a small baseball tattooed on my arm. I talked myself out of it. That’s just one of the many differences between me and this fellow named Mike McWain:
Mike McWain of Pasco is devoted to baseball. To pay homage to the game and its iconic players of yesteryear, McWain had a field of dreams tattooed across his back, shoulders and arms.
“Shoeless” Joe Jackson is there, along with Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb.
$10,000 worth of work, all able to be loved and appreciated in this slideshow.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 38
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 19
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)