Apr 23, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
In 1993, for about ten minutes, I considered getting a small baseball tattooed on my arm. I talked myself out of it. That’s just one of the many differences between me and this fellow named Mike McWain:
Mike McWain of Pasco is devoted to baseball. To pay homage to the game and its iconic players of yesteryear, McWain had a field of dreams tattooed across his back, shoulders and arms.
“Shoeless” Joe Jackson is there, along with Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb.
$10,000 worth of work, all able to be loved and appreciated in this slideshow.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)