Apr 23, 2012, 11:42 AM EDT
In 1993, for about ten minutes, I considered getting a small baseball tattooed on my arm. I talked myself out of it. That’s just one of the many differences between me and this fellow named Mike McWain:
Mike McWain of Pasco is devoted to baseball. To pay homage to the game and its iconic players of yesteryear, McWain had a field of dreams tattooed across his back, shoulders and arms.
“Shoeless” Joe Jackson is there, along with Honus Wagner, Babe Ruth, Joe DiMaggio, Ted Williams, Lou Gehrig, Walter Johnson and Ty Cobb.
$10,000 worth of work, all able to be loved and appreciated in this slideshow.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)