Apr 23, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Bill Hall signed a minor league deal with the Yankees in the offseason. He was totally stoked about it too:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
But not so stoked that he was willing to accept a long-term minor league assignment to get it. He opted out of that deal with the Yankees at the start of the season and has just been hanging out at home since then.
Ken Rosenthal reports, however, that Hall is close to a deal with the Orioles. It’s also a minor league deal, and it’s way less likely to gethimaRING!, but it’s a job.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)