Apr 23, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Bill Hall signed a minor league deal with the Yankees in the offseason. He was totally stoked about it too:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
But not so stoked that he was willing to accept a long-term minor league assignment to get it. He opted out of that deal with the Yankees at the start of the season and has just been hanging out at home since then.
Ken Rosenthal reports, however, that Hall is close to a deal with the Orioles. It’s also a minor league deal, and it’s way less likely to gethimaRING!, but it’s a job.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)