Apr 23, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Bill Hall signed a minor league deal with the Yankees in the offseason. He was totally stoked about it too:
IT’S OFFICIAL IM A YANKEE!!!!!!!!#IwannaRing!!!!
— Bill Hall (@BillHall_III) February 7, 2012
But not so stoked that he was willing to accept a long-term minor league assignment to get it. He opted out of that deal with the Yankees at the start of the season and has just been hanging out at home since then.
Ken Rosenthal reports, however, that Hall is close to a deal with the Orioles. It’s also a minor league deal, and it’s way less likely to gethimaRING!, but it’s a job.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 45
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)