Apr 23, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
FOX Sports Midwest reports that Jay will avoid the disabled list and rejoin the team in Chicago for their series against the Cubs, which is quite a change from the initial worries when he ran into the outfield fence last Thursday.
Jay was off to a tremendous start, hitting .349 with two homers, and 27-year-old career minor leaguer Shane Robinson has played back-to-back games in center field in his absence.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)