Apr 23, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
FOX Sports Midwest reports that Jay will avoid the disabled list and rejoin the team in Chicago for their series against the Cubs, which is quite a change from the initial worries when he ran into the outfield fence last Thursday.
Jay was off to a tremendous start, hitting .349 with two homers, and 27-year-old career minor leaguer Shane Robinson has played back-to-back games in center field in his absence.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (76)