Apr 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Well, Mookie. Let me tell you.
- In the early 90s, with the collapse of the Soviet Union, people thought that we were embarking on some sort of Pax Americana. Even loopy British people were optimistic. Haha;
- A Republican president did fiscally responsible things and was punished mercilessly for it by his own party;
- Louis CK did comedy bits about his need for a hair brush (go to 2:10;
It was a strange time! But perhaps the strangest thing about it all was that time pop singer Richard Marx filmed a video in which he led the Cubs to a World Series victory over the A’s by hitting a home run off Dennis Eckersley in the bottom of the ninth;
Yes, that really happened. I’m pretty sure were were all on something.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)