Apr 23, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Well, Mookie. Let me tell you.
- In the early 90s, with the collapse of the Soviet Union, people thought that we were embarking on some sort of Pax Americana. Even loopy British people were optimistic. Haha;
- A Republican president did fiscally responsible things and was punished mercilessly for it by his own party;
- Louis CK did comedy bits about his need for a hair brush (go to 2:10;
It was a strange time! But perhaps the strangest thing about it all was that time pop singer Richard Marx filmed a video in which he led the Cubs to a World Series victory over the A’s by hitting a home run off Dennis Eckersley in the bottom of the ninth;
Yes, that really happened. I’m pretty sure were were all on something.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)