Apr 23, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
According to the Fort Myers News-Press, someone broke into Derek Lowe‘s Florida home and stole his 2004 World Series ring and a World Series trophy. Along with the the other stuff, Lowe lost $90,000 worth of property.
Someone is gonna blame some common criminal for this, but maybe it was taken by historians, looking for evidence of a time when the Red Sox didn’t suck. Ever think of that?
OK, fine, cheapest shot imaginable. But I’m pretty confident that the Sox are going to turn it around pretty soon. When they do we won’t get to have all of this fun at their expense and that’s gonna be something we’ll all miss a little bit. At least until the September collapse.
Er, sorry. Did it again.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (246)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)