Apr 23, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
According to the Fort Myers News-Press, someone broke into Derek Lowe‘s Florida home and stole his 2004 World Series ring and a World Series trophy. Along with the the other stuff, Lowe lost $90,000 worth of property.
Someone is gonna blame some common criminal for this, but maybe it was taken by historians, looking for evidence of a time when the Red Sox didn’t suck. Ever think of that?
OK, fine, cheapest shot imaginable. But I’m pretty confident that the Sox are going to turn it around pretty soon. When they do we won’t get to have all of this fun at their expense and that’s gonna be something we’ll all miss a little bit. At least until the September collapse.
Er, sorry. Did it again.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)