Apr 23, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
According to the Fort Myers News-Press, someone broke into Derek Lowe‘s Florida home and stole his 2004 World Series ring and a World Series trophy. Along with the the other stuff, Lowe lost $90,000 worth of property.
Someone is gonna blame some common criminal for this, but maybe it was taken by historians, looking for evidence of a time when the Red Sox didn’t suck. Ever think of that?
OK, fine, cheapest shot imaginable. But I’m pretty confident that the Sox are going to turn it around pretty soon. When they do we won’t get to have all of this fun at their expense and that’s gonna be something we’ll all miss a little bit. At least until the September collapse.
Er, sorry. Did it again.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 7
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 30
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 69
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)