Derek Lowe has his World Series ring, trophy stolen

Apr 23, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT

Toronto Blue Jays v Cleveland Indians Getty Images

According to the Fort Myers News-Press, someone broke into Derek Lowe‘s Florida home and stole his 2004 World Series ring and a World Series trophy. Along with the the other stuff, Lowe lost $90,000 worth of property.

Someone is gonna blame some common criminal for this, but maybe it was taken by historians, looking for evidence of a time when the Red Sox didn’t suck. Ever think of that?

OK, fine, cheapest shot imaginable. But I’m pretty confident that the Sox are going to turn it around pretty soon. When they do we won’t get to have all of this fun at their expense and that’s gonna be something we’ll all miss a little bit.  At least until the September collapse.

Er, sorry. Did it again.

1. phukyouk - Apr 23, 2012 at 3:13 PM

In once swift move Craig gets to troll Sox and Yankees fans..

2. Gobias Industries - Apr 23, 2012 at 3:17 PM

You could fill this room with nitrous oxide, tickle my toes with a feather, and show me a picture of a morbidly obese guy riding a tricycle, and I still wouldn’t laugh at those jokes.

• ajcardsfan - Apr 23, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Well that’s just because you’re a Debbie Downer…or Red Sox fan…I’m hoping the former, because nobody likes a Red Sox fan :)

• Gobias Industries - Apr 23, 2012 at 4:54 PM

No, I’m a Mets fan, so you can be damn sure I know when something’s funny.

• bigharold - Apr 23, 2012 at 9:47 PM

“No, I’m a Mets fan…”

Well that explains it!

• Utley's Hair - Apr 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

And now, a look into Saturday night at the Gobias house….

3. randygnyc - Apr 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Lolz

4. Chip Caray's Eyebrows - Apr 23, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Authorities are still on the lookout for his effectiveness as a pitcher, which disappeared a little over a year ago.

5. stlouis1baseball - Apr 23, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Authorities are also still on the lookout for a Braves announcer that is worth a damn. Yawn…

• Chip Caray's Eyebrows - Apr 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Uhh … good one?

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5177)