Apr 23, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
The Orioles gave no official reason Sunday for why he was placed on the restricted list, but Duquette to CBSSports.com confirmed Willis left the team without permission following a difference of opinion about whether he should start or reliever. “He just left,” said Duquette when confronted with the information from other sources.
Wow. if Willis thinks he should start, he shouldn’t be on the restricted list, he should be on the insane list. For what it’s worth, Heyman says that Duquette says that he’d still like D-Train as a reliever. And really, the only way he’s going to have value to anyone is as a lefty specialist, so Willis should probably listen to Duquette.
And, you know, not go AWOL.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)