Apr 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Freeman went 11-for-23 with three homers, five doubles, 25 total bases and 14 RBI on the week, leading the Braves to a 5-1 record.
Humber, of course, threw that perfect game on Saturday. No one remembers that he pitched on Monday too, in a game in which he allowed one run on six hits and striking out seven in five and a third in a no-decision against the Orioles. Not a bad week.
Just so you know, Matt Kemp is still good: he hit .381 with 3 HR and 6 RBI. I’m sure he’ll win the player of week award next week, though. It just seems obvious at this point.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)