Apr 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Freeman went 11-for-23 with three homers, five doubles, 25 total bases and 14 RBI on the week, leading the Braves to a 5-1 record.
Humber, of course, threw that perfect game on Saturday. No one remembers that he pitched on Monday too, in a game in which he allowed one run on six hits and striking out seven in five and a third in a no-decision against the Orioles. Not a bad week.
Just so you know, Matt Kemp is still good: he hit .381 with 3 HR and 6 RBI. I’m sure he’ll win the player of week award next week, though. It just seems obvious at this point.
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 1
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 18
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 35
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 18
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)