Apr 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Freeman went 11-for-23 with three homers, five doubles, 25 total bases and 14 RBI on the week, leading the Braves to a 5-1 record.
Humber, of course, threw that perfect game on Saturday. No one remembers that he pitched on Monday too, in a game in which he allowed one run on six hits and striking out seven in five and a third in a no-decision against the Orioles. Not a bad week.
Just so you know, Matt Kemp is still good: he hit .381 with 3 HR and 6 RBI. I’m sure he’ll win the player of week award next week, though. It just seems obvious at this point.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)