Apr 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Freeman went 11-for-23 with three homers, five doubles, 25 total bases and 14 RBI on the week, leading the Braves to a 5-1 record.
Humber, of course, threw that perfect game on Saturday. No one remembers that he pitched on Monday too, in a game in which he allowed one run on six hits and striking out seven in five and a third in a no-decision against the Orioles. Not a bad week.
Just so you know, Matt Kemp is still good: he hit .381 with 3 HR and 6 RBI. I’m sure he’ll win the player of week award next week, though. It just seems obvious at this point.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)