Apr 23, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Freeman went 11-for-23 with three homers, five doubles, 25 total bases and 14 RBI on the week, leading the Braves to a 5-1 record.
Humber, of course, threw that perfect game on Saturday. No one remembers that he pitched on Monday too, in a game in which he allowed one run on six hits and striking out seven in five and a third in a no-decision against the Orioles. Not a bad week.
Just so you know, Matt Kemp is still good: he hit .381 with 3 HR and 6 RBI. I’m sure he’ll win the player of week award next week, though. It just seems obvious at this point.
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 0
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 53
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games