Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
This thing is gonna drag on forever, isn’t it? Today the jury will be seated and opening arguments will happen. Then:
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton hopes to get to the first witness in the case. But it will be a short week for the trial. Walton will recess it at mid-day on Tuesday, and the trial will not resume until the following Monday.
All of this to judge statements from over four years ago about conduct from 15 years ago which harmed no one.
Swift justice, FTW.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)