Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
This thing is gonna drag on forever, isn’t it? Today the jury will be seated and opening arguments will happen. Then:
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton hopes to get to the first witness in the case. But it will be a short week for the trial. Walton will recess it at mid-day on Tuesday, and the trial will not resume until the following Monday.
All of this to judge statements from over four years ago about conduct from 15 years ago which harmed no one.
Swift justice, FTW.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)