Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
This thing is gonna drag on forever, isn’t it? Today the jury will be seated and opening arguments will happen. Then:
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton hopes to get to the first witness in the case. But it will be a short week for the trial. Walton will recess it at mid-day on Tuesday, and the trial will not resume until the following Monday.
All of this to judge statements from over four years ago about conduct from 15 years ago which harmed no one.
Swift justice, FTW.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 7
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)