Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
This thing is gonna drag on forever, isn’t it? Today the jury will be seated and opening arguments will happen. Then:
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton hopes to get to the first witness in the case. But it will be a short week for the trial. Walton will recess it at mid-day on Tuesday, and the trial will not resume until the following Monday.
All of this to judge statements from over four years ago about conduct from 15 years ago which harmed no one.
Swift justice, FTW.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 5
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (177)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)