Apr 24, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Aubrey Huff missed both games of yesterday’s Giants-Mets doubleheader due to an undisclosed family emergency.
Bruce Bochy told reporters that he received a text message from Huff earlier in the day saying that the first baseman/outfielder had to leave the team in New York, with the manager explaining that “something very, very important came up” and “he had to go home.”
There’s no word yet on when Huff will rejoin the team, but the Giants are apparently hoping he’ll be available as soon as tonight versus the Reds.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 7
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 12
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles