Apr 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: He’s back on. Yawn.
3:15 PM: Jose Canseco’s various ramblings on Twitter ceased being interesting to me months ago, because at some point that type of thing just gets weird and sad and … well, basically like seeing the same car accident on the side of the road you travel to work every single day.
With that said, the guy had something like 500,000 followers and his tweets were so amusing to many people that it led to speculation he might have a ghost writer. (Imagine that hypothetical person’s life for a moment. Oof.)
It’s a moot point now, because suddenly his Twitter account has been deleted, leaving only this error page in its place:
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)