Apr 24, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
UPDATE: He’s back on. Yawn.
3:15 PM: Jose Canseco’s various ramblings on Twitter ceased being interesting to me months ago, because at some point that type of thing just gets weird and sad and … well, basically like seeing the same car accident on the side of the road you travel to work every single day.
With that said, the guy had something like 500,000 followers and his tweets were so amusing to many people that it led to speculation he might have a ghost writer. (Imagine that hypothetical person’s life for a moment. Oof.)
It’s a moot point now, because suddenly his Twitter account has been deleted, leaving only this error page in its place:
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)