Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
Pineda underwent an extensive dye-contract MRI on Tuesday, the results of which won’t be revealed until Altcheck gets a look at them Wednesday.
Pineda hasn’t made a start for the Yankees due to lingering right shoulder weakness and was recently shut down at extended spring training, leading to legitimate concerns that this injury is severe.
The 23-year-old was acquired this winter from the Mariners for Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi. He registered a stellar 3.74 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 173/55 K/BB ratio across 171 innings as a rookie in 2011.
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 129
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (145)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (101)