Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
Pineda underwent an extensive dye-contract MRI on Tuesday, the results of which won’t be revealed until Altcheck gets a look at them Wednesday.
Pineda hasn’t made a start for the Yankees due to lingering right shoulder weakness and was recently shut down at extended spring training, leading to legitimate concerns that this injury is severe.
The 23-year-old was acquired this winter from the Mariners for Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi. He registered a stellar 3.74 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 173/55 K/BB ratio across 171 innings as a rookie in 2011.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 10
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 7
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles