Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
Pineda underwent an extensive dye-contract MRI on Tuesday, the results of which won’t be revealed until Altcheck gets a look at them Wednesday.
Pineda hasn’t made a start for the Yankees due to lingering right shoulder weakness and was recently shut down at extended spring training, leading to legitimate concerns that this injury is severe.
The 23-year-old was acquired this winter from the Mariners for Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi. He registered a stellar 3.74 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 173/55 K/BB ratio across 171 innings as a rookie in 2011.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)