Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
Pineda underwent an extensive dye-contract MRI on Tuesday, the results of which won’t be revealed until Altcheck gets a look at them Wednesday.
Pineda hasn’t made a start for the Yankees due to lingering right shoulder weakness and was recently shut down at extended spring training, leading to legitimate concerns that this injury is severe.
The 23-year-old was acquired this winter from the Mariners for Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi. He registered a stellar 3.74 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 173/55 K/BB ratio across 171 innings as a rookie in 2011.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)