Apr 24, 2012, 7:15 PM EDT
Pineda underwent an extensive dye-contract MRI on Tuesday, the results of which won’t be revealed until Altcheck gets a look at them Wednesday.
Pineda hasn’t made a start for the Yankees due to lingering right shoulder weakness and was recently shut down at extended spring training, leading to legitimate concerns that this injury is severe.
The 23-year-old was acquired this winter from the Mariners for Jesus Montero and Hector Noesi. He registered a stellar 3.74 ERA, 1.10 WHIP and 173/55 K/BB ratio across 171 innings as a rookie in 2011.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)