Apr 24, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Pelfrey has “right elbow swelling” and will undergo an MRI exam instead of making his next start, with general manager Sandy Alderson saying that the team hasn’t ruled out a torn ligament.
In other words: Not good.
Pelfrey pitched well through three starts with a 2.29 ERA and 13/4 K/BB ratio in 20 innings, including eight innings of one-run ball against the Giants on Saturday. No word yet on who’ll replace Pelfrey in the rotation, as his next scheduled start is Friday in Colorado.
Pelfrey is making $5.68 million this season and will be arbitration eligible again next year, but a significant injury would likely end his Mets career.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 8
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car