Apr 24, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Pelfrey has “right elbow swelling” and will undergo an MRI exam instead of making his next start, with general manager Sandy Alderson saying that the team hasn’t ruled out a torn ligament.
In other words: Not good.
Pelfrey pitched well through three starts with a 2.29 ERA and 13/4 K/BB ratio in 20 innings, including eight innings of one-run ball against the Giants on Saturday. No word yet on who’ll replace Pelfrey in the rotation, as his next scheduled start is Friday in Colorado.
Pelfrey is making $5.68 million this season and will be arbitration eligible again next year, but a significant injury would likely end his Mets career.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)