Apr 24, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Pelfrey has “right elbow swelling” and will undergo an MRI exam instead of making his next start, with general manager Sandy Alderson saying that the team hasn’t ruled out a torn ligament.
In other words: Not good.
Pelfrey pitched well through three starts with a 2.29 ERA and 13/4 K/BB ratio in 20 innings, including eight innings of one-run ball against the Giants on Saturday. No word yet on who’ll replace Pelfrey in the rotation, as his next scheduled start is Friday in Colorado.
Pelfrey is making $5.68 million this season and will be arbitration eligible again next year, but a significant injury would likely end his Mets career.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 13
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)