Apr 24, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Hunter Pence hurt his shoulder while diving for a ball during Sunday’s game in San Diego and, as a result, was out of the lineup against the Dbacks last night. He’s listed as day-to-day, but there are some rumblings that this could be more severe. He has yet to have a doctor look at it, so it’s hard to say.
While Pence was slumping before the injury, it’s also true that he’s one of the only legitimate threats in that lineup at the moment, so his loss for any amount of time would be a pretty big blow to a team that is already in an offensive crisis.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 64
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 243
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (244)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (90)