Apr 24, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Hunter Pence hurt his shoulder while diving for a ball during Sunday’s game in San Diego and, as a result, was out of the lineup against the Dbacks last night. He’s listed as day-to-day, but there are some rumblings that this could be more severe. He has yet to have a doctor look at it, so it’s hard to say.
While Pence was slumping before the injury, it’s also true that he’s one of the only legitimate threats in that lineup at the moment, so his loss for any amount of time would be a pretty big blow to a team that is already in an offensive crisis.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 29
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)