Apr 24, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Hunter Pence hurt his shoulder while diving for a ball during Sunday’s game in San Diego and, as a result, was out of the lineup against the Dbacks last night. He’s listed as day-to-day, but there are some rumblings that this could be more severe. He has yet to have a doctor look at it, so it’s hard to say.
While Pence was slumping before the injury, it’s also true that he’s one of the only legitimate threats in that lineup at the moment, so his loss for any amount of time would be a pretty big blow to a team that is already in an offensive crisis.
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 8
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 15
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)