Apr 24, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Hunter Pence hurt his shoulder while diving for a ball during Sunday’s game in San Diego and, as a result, was out of the lineup against the Dbacks last night. He’s listed as day-to-day, but there are some rumblings that this could be more severe. He has yet to have a doctor look at it, so it’s hard to say.
While Pence was slumping before the injury, it’s also true that he’s one of the only legitimate threats in that lineup at the moment, so his loss for any amount of time would be a pretty big blow to a team that is already in an offensive crisis.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)