Apr 24, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Jason Bay left the second game of yesterday’s doubleheader after injuring his ribs attempting a diving catch and today the Mets put him on the disabled list with a non-displaced fracture.
No timetable yet for his return, but at the very least a non-displaced fracture is better than a displaced fracture and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that surgery likely won’t be necessary.
Bay has been such a huge disappointment since signing a four-year, $66 million deal with the Mets two offseasons ago that losing him to the DL may not seem like much of a loss at all, but he’s actually tied for the team lead with three homers and has posted a solid .776 OPS in 15 games.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)