Apr 24, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
If the Orioles have a ninth-inning lead tonight the save chance won’t go to Jim Johnson, as the closer went to the hospital early this morning with flu symptoms.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun notes that the flu bug has been making its way through the Orioles’ clubhouse recently, so hopefully Johnson won’t miss more than a day or two.
It’s rough timing for Johnson, as he’s taken extremely well to the full-time closing gig and has saved a league-leading seven games in eight scoreless appearances. Presumably any save chances will go to Matt Lindstrom rather than Kevin Gregg, although both have previous closing experience.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 105
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (106)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)