Apr 24, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
If the Orioles have a ninth-inning lead tonight the save chance won’t go to Jim Johnson, as the closer went to the hospital early this morning with flu symptoms.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun notes that the flu bug has been making its way through the Orioles’ clubhouse recently, so hopefully Johnson won’t miss more than a day or two.
It’s rough timing for Johnson, as he’s taken extremely well to the full-time closing gig and has saved a league-leading seven games in eight scoreless appearances. Presumably any save chances will go to Matt Lindstrom rather than Kevin Gregg, although both have previous closing experience.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)