Apr 24, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner entered spring training with a chance to snag the fifth starter’s spot, but fell victim to shoulder tendinitis and was shut down. Last night, however, he returned. It was down in Lakeland, so the competition wasn’t fierce, but the results were encouraging: four no-hit innings.
While he likely has a long way to go on the comeback trail, with Doug Fister down for a while and rookies Drew Smyly and Adam Wilk filling in, it’s not crazy to think that Turner will be making some starts at Comerica Park later this season.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)