Apr 24, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Tigers’ prospect Jacob Turner entered spring training with a chance to snag the fifth starter’s spot, but fell victim to shoulder tendinitis and was shut down. Last night, however, he returned. It was down in Lakeland, so the competition wasn’t fierce, but the results were encouraging: four no-hit innings.
While he likely has a long way to go on the comeback trail, with Doug Fister down for a while and rookies Drew Smyly and Adam Wilk filling in, it’s not crazy to think that Turner will be making some starts at Comerica Park later this season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?