Apr 24, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
There are no day games today and it’s a slow news day, so I read stuff like this about a Babe Ruth baseball coach:
A coach’s argument with an umpire on Friday escalated into the coach nearly hitting another man with his pickup truck and brandishing a handgun, according to charges filed in the case.
And then I think of that time the minor league manager threw a grenade. And I think that we’re kinder and gentler than we were a couple of years ago:
Oh well. Someone wake me up if something interesting happens in real life baseball.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29