Apr 24, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
There are no day games today and it’s a slow news day, so I read stuff like this about a Babe Ruth baseball coach:
A coach’s argument with an umpire on Friday escalated into the coach nearly hitting another man with his pickup truck and brandishing a handgun, according to charges filed in the case.
And then I think of that time the minor league manager threw a grenade. And I think that we’re kinder and gentler than we were a couple of years ago:
Oh well. Someone wake me up if something interesting happens in real life baseball.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)