Apr 25, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
Aubrey Huff has missed the past few Giants games with what was originally referred to as a “family emergency.” It may be more complicated than that, however, as the Giants have placed him on the 15-day disabled list with anxiety disorder.
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is “getting treatment,” though it has not yet been specified whether the treatment is for general anxiety or something else.
Obviously these things are always touchy, personal situations so information may be difficult to come by. But we’ll update if and when anything new comes to light.
I will say, however, this sort of thing is really out of the blue with respect to Huff, who has always seemed like an extroverted and fairly comfortable person all things considered. We never really can know, however, what goes on in someone’s mind or in their personal life.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)