Apr 25, 2012, 5:39 PM EST
Aubrey Huff has missed the past few Giants games with what was originally referred to as a “family emergency.” It may be more complicated than that, however, as the Giants have placed him on the 15-day disabled list with anxiety disorder.
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is “getting treatment,” though it has not yet been specified whether the treatment is for general anxiety or something else.
Obviously these things are always touchy, personal situations so information may be difficult to come by. But we’ll update if and when anything new comes to light.
I will say, however, this sort of thing is really out of the blue with respect to Huff, who has always seemed like an extroverted and fairly comfortable person all things considered. We never really can know, however, what goes on in someone’s mind or in their personal life.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)