Apr 25, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
Aubrey Huff has missed the past few Giants games with what was originally referred to as a “family emergency.” It may be more complicated than that, however, as the Giants have placed him on the 15-day disabled list with anxiety disorder.
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is “getting treatment,” though it has not yet been specified whether the treatment is for general anxiety or something else.
Obviously these things are always touchy, personal situations so information may be difficult to come by. But we’ll update if and when anything new comes to light.
I will say, however, this sort of thing is really out of the blue with respect to Huff, who has always seemed like an extroverted and fairly comfortable person all things considered. We never really can know, however, what goes on in someone’s mind or in their personal life.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)