Apr 25, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
Aubrey Huff has missed the past few Giants games with what was originally referred to as a “family emergency.” It may be more complicated than that, however, as the Giants have placed him on the 15-day disabled list with anxiety disorder.
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is “getting treatment,” though it has not yet been specified whether the treatment is for general anxiety or something else.
Obviously these things are always touchy, personal situations so information may be difficult to come by. But we’ll update if and when anything new comes to light.
I will say, however, this sort of thing is really out of the blue with respect to Huff, who has always seemed like an extroverted and fairly comfortable person all things considered. We never really can know, however, what goes on in someone’s mind or in their personal life.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)