Apr 25, 2012, 5:39 PM EDT
Aubrey Huff has missed the past few Giants games with what was originally referred to as a “family emergency.” It may be more complicated than that, however, as the Giants have placed him on the 15-day disabled list with anxiety disorder.
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is “getting treatment,” though it has not yet been specified whether the treatment is for general anxiety or something else.
Obviously these things are always touchy, personal situations so information may be difficult to come by. But we’ll update if and when anything new comes to light.
I will say, however, this sort of thing is really out of the blue with respect to Huff, who has always seemed like an extroverted and fairly comfortable person all things considered. We never really can know, however, what goes on in someone’s mind or in their personal life.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)