Apr 25, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Last night Coco Crisp was out of the A’s lineup for the sixth time in seven games as dizziness from an inner-ear infection continues to make him nauseous.
Manager Bob Melvin admitted that Crisp may have returned too soon when he played Monday, telling Jane Lee of MLB.com that the outfielder “had some struggles as the game went along.”
Lee reports that Crisp “is expected to stay away from baseball activity until Friday.” Had he not played Monday a backdated disabled list stint would make a lot of sense, but that one appearance means he’d have to sit out another two weeks if moved to the DL.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27