Apr 25, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Last night Coco Crisp was out of the A’s lineup for the sixth time in seven games as dizziness from an inner-ear infection continues to make him nauseous.
Manager Bob Melvin admitted that Crisp may have returned too soon when he played Monday, telling Jane Lee of MLB.com that the outfielder “had some struggles as the game went along.”
Lee reports that Crisp “is expected to stay away from baseball activity until Friday.” Had he not played Monday a backdated disabled list stint would make a lot of sense, but that one appearance means he’d have to sit out another two weeks if moved to the DL.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29