Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 PM EST
As expected, Padres right-hander Dustin Moseley underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn capsule and labrum in his throwing shoulder.
This according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Moseley is done for the 2012 season and is likely to be in recovery mode for the early part of 2013.
He made just one start this year, allowing five earned runs on five hits in a 5-6 loss to the Dodgers.
The 30-year-old registered a promising 3.30 ERA and 1.28 WHIP across 120 innings (20 starts) in 2011.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15