Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
As expected, Padres right-hander Dustin Moseley underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn capsule and labrum in his throwing shoulder.
This according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Moseley is done for the 2012 season and is likely to be in recovery mode for the early part of 2013.
He made just one start this year, allowing five earned runs on five hits in a 5-6 loss to the Dodgers.
The 30-year-old registered a promising 3.30 ERA and 1.28 WHIP across 120 innings (20 starts) in 2011.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)