Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
As expected, Padres right-hander Dustin Moseley underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn capsule and labrum in his throwing shoulder.
This according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Moseley is done for the 2012 season and is likely to be in recovery mode for the early part of 2013.
He made just one start this year, allowing five earned runs on five hits in a 5-6 loss to the Dodgers.
The 30-year-old registered a promising 3.30 ERA and 1.28 WHIP across 120 innings (20 starts) in 2011.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 121
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (122)