Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
As expected, Padres right-hander Dustin Moseley underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn capsule and labrum in his throwing shoulder.
This according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Moseley is done for the 2012 season and is likely to be in recovery mode for the early part of 2013.
He made just one start this year, allowing five earned runs on five hits in a 5-6 loss to the Dodgers.
The 30-year-old registered a promising 3.30 ERA and 1.28 WHIP across 120 innings (20 starts) in 2011.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)