Apr 25, 2012, 7:04 PM EDT
As expected, Padres right-hander Dustin Moseley underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn capsule and labrum in his throwing shoulder.
This according to MLB.com’s Corey Brock.
Moseley is done for the 2012 season and is likely to be in recovery mode for the early part of 2013.
He made just one start this year, allowing five earned runs on five hits in a 5-6 loss to the Dodgers.
The 30-year-old registered a promising 3.30 ERA and 1.28 WHIP across 120 innings (20 starts) in 2011.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)