Apr 25, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Orioles’ prospect Dylan Bundy had been given three, three-inning starts to begin the season in low-A Delmarva, and he hadn’t allowed a hit. So last night they gave him four innings. And he still hasn’t allowed a hit. Not a bad way to begin a professional career.
He struck out six, needing only 44 pitches to do so. As usual he sat in the high-90s. He also flashed his high-80s changeup. It all sounds so very Strasburgian, yes?
I know the O’s want to be careful with Bundy and don’t want to move him a long too quickly, but I think it may be time to investigate high-A ball. Because, really, at some point he’s gonna have to see what it feels like to pitch out of the stretch, ya know?
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights