Apr 25, 2012, 3:03 PM EDT
Simple pleasures on a Wednesday afternoon: word has gotten around that if you tweet something with the hash tag ”
#GoDbacks,” that it automatically goes up on the scoreboard at Chase Field where the Dbacks and Phillies are getting ready to play in less than an hour.
Not sure if it’s true or if it’s just some myth, but the Twitterverse — led by a bunch of Phillies fans — has decided that a boring afternoon can be lightened up by playing Monkeywrench Gang with the Dbacks. Some of the fun ones:
I’m only 19 will someone buy me a beer? Meet me at the beer stand in section 104. #GoDbacks
— Mike Meech (@meechone) April 25, 2012
up up down down left right left right b, a, start #GoDbacks
— sǝɯɐɾ (@phuturephillies) April 25, 2012
If my hazy recollection of my time out west is accurate, approximately half of you are my progeny. #GoDbacks
— Old Hoss Radbourn (@OldHossRadbourn) April 25, 2012
I just took a dump the size of a car battery. #GoDbacks
— ChrisDallasTX (@ChrisDallasTX) April 25, 2012
All truth is simple… is that not doubly a lie?#GoDbacks
— Emma Span (@emmaspan) April 25, 2012
Hail Satan #GoDBacks
— Bill Baer (@CrashburnAlley) April 25, 2012
There are literally hundreds if you click that hashtag and check them out.
If there was no one filtering these when they began, you can bet they are now. But I hope at least some of them got through to the big board.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)