Apr 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Jesse Crain hasn’t pitched since Friday and the White Sox reliever revealed today that he’s been unavailable because of an oblique injury.
Crain missed time with an oblique injury during spring training as well, but Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that his current injury is to the other side and Crain hopes to “be ready in the next day or two if all goes well.”
In between the oblique issues he’s posted a 2.57 ERA and 10/1 K/BB ratio setting up rookie closer Hector Santiago.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)