Apr 25, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Jesse Crain hasn’t pitched since Friday and the White Sox reliever revealed today that he’s been unavailable because of an oblique injury.
Crain missed time with an oblique injury during spring training as well, but Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune reports that his current injury is to the other side and Crain hopes to “be ready in the next day or two if all goes well.”
In between the oblique issues he’s posted a 2.57 ERA and 10/1 K/BB ratio setting up rookie closer Hector Santiago.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)