Apr 25, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Three games into his minor-league rehab assignment Royals center fielder Lorenzo Cain has aggravated his groin injury, canceling plans for him to come off the disabled list Friday.
General manager Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that Cain “had another strain” and “we’re still waiting on the final diagnosis.”
Cain injured his groin on April 10, so assuming a similar timetable for his recovery would push his return to the majors back to mid-May.
Cain had a huge spring training, but then went just 2-for-15 (.133) before the injury and the Royals have used Mitch Maier as his primary replacement in center field while losing a dozen games in a row.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)