Apr 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Coke was among the panelists who testified Monday at a hearing for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s National Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence in Detroit, held at Wayne State University. The task force is part of the Attorney General’s Defending Childhood Initiative, which aims to prevent and reduce children’s exposure to violence.
Coke noted that he was picked on a lot as a kid. Cool to see a pro athlete trying to do something in an area where you tend not to find a ton of athletes.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy