Apr 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Coke was among the panelists who testified Monday at a hearing for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s National Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence in Detroit, held at Wayne State University. The task force is part of the Attorney General’s Defending Childhood Initiative, which aims to prevent and reduce children’s exposure to violence.
Coke noted that he was picked on a lot as a kid. Cool to see a pro athlete trying to do something in an area where you tend not to find a ton of athletes.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)