Apr 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Coke was among the panelists who testified Monday at a hearing for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s National Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence in Detroit, held at Wayne State University. The task force is part of the Attorney General’s Defending Childhood Initiative, which aims to prevent and reduce children’s exposure to violence.
Coke noted that he was picked on a lot as a kid. Cool to see a pro athlete trying to do something in an area where you tend not to find a ton of athletes.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 3
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)