Apr 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Coke was among the panelists who testified Monday at a hearing for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s National Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence in Detroit, held at Wayne State University. The task force is part of the Attorney General’s Defending Childhood Initiative, which aims to prevent and reduce children’s exposure to violence.
Coke noted that he was picked on a lot as a kid. Cool to see a pro athlete trying to do something in an area where you tend not to find a ton of athletes.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20