Apr 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
Coke was among the panelists who testified Monday at a hearing for U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder’s National Task Force on Children Exposed to Violence in Detroit, held at Wayne State University. The task force is part of the Attorney General’s Defending Childhood Initiative, which aims to prevent and reduce children’s exposure to violence.
Coke noted that he was picked on a lot as a kid. Cool to see a pro athlete trying to do something in an area where you tend not to find a ton of athletes.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 35
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 9
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 31
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)