Apr 25, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
A new park effect in a 98 year-old park:
The new LED scoreboard under the right-field patio at Wrigley Field has been a financial breakthrough for the Cubs organization, which so far has refrained from cluttering the bleachers with ads. But now opposing teams are complaining the LED board can get so bright during night games it makes it difficult to warm up their relievers.
Shouldn’t be playing night games at Wrigley in the first place. There. Problem solved.
Sorry, just feeling old today.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)