Apr 25, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
A new park effect in a 98 year-old park:
The new LED scoreboard under the right-field patio at Wrigley Field has been a financial breakthrough for the Cubs organization, which so far has refrained from cluttering the bleachers with ads. But now opposing teams are complaining the LED board can get so bright during night games it makes it difficult to warm up their relievers.
Shouldn’t be playing night games at Wrigley in the first place. There. Problem solved.
Sorry, just feeling old today.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)