Apr 25, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
A new park effect in a 98 year-old park:
The new LED scoreboard under the right-field patio at Wrigley Field has been a financial breakthrough for the Cubs organization, which so far has refrained from cluttering the bleachers with ads. But now opposing teams are complaining the LED board can get so bright during night games it makes it difficult to warm up their relievers.
Shouldn’t be playing night games at Wrigley in the first place. There. Problem solved.
Sorry, just feeling old today.
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 43
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)