Apr 25, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
A new park effect in a 98 year-old park:
The new LED scoreboard under the right-field patio at Wrigley Field has been a financial breakthrough for the Cubs organization, which so far has refrained from cluttering the bleachers with ads. But now opposing teams are complaining the LED board can get so bright during night games it makes it difficult to warm up their relievers.
Shouldn’t be playing night games at Wrigley in the first place. There. Problem solved.
Sorry, just feeling old today.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59