Apr 25, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
A new park effect in a 98 year-old park:
The new LED scoreboard under the right-field patio at Wrigley Field has been a financial breakthrough for the Cubs organization, which so far has refrained from cluttering the bleachers with ads. But now opposing teams are complaining the LED board can get so bright during night games it makes it difficult to warm up their relievers.
Shouldn’t be playing night games at Wrigley in the first place. There. Problem solved.
Sorry, just feeling old today.
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro’s agent denies his client’s involvement in Dominican Republic shooting 33
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (244)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)