Apr 26, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Records that I never thought about once until someone told me this morning: the strikeout streak. As in, consecutive games in which a hitter struck out. But, yes, it is a thing — Jarrod Saltalamacchia set it at 28 games in 2009 – and Adam Dunn is challenging it.
Dunn struck out twice last night, running his streak to 22 straight games with a strikeout, dating to last season. And his streak is not a cheapie: they’re coming in bunches. He has 29 in 67 at bats this year.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17