Apr 26, 2012, 9:12 AM EST
Records that I never thought about once until someone told me this morning: the strikeout streak. As in, consecutive games in which a hitter struck out. But, yes, it is a thing — Jarrod Saltalamacchia set it at 28 games in 2009 – and Adam Dunn is challenging it.
Dunn struck out twice last night, running his streak to 22 straight games with a strikeout, dating to last season. And his streak is not a cheapie: they’re coming in bunches. He has 29 in 67 at bats this year.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)