Apr 26, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Records that I never thought about once until someone told me this morning: the strikeout streak. As in, consecutive games in which a hitter struck out. But, yes, it is a thing — Jarrod Saltalamacchia set it at 28 games in 2009 — and Adam Dunn is challenging it.
Dunn struck out twice last night, running his streak to 22 straight games with a strikeout, dating to last season. And his streak is not a cheapie: they’re coming in bunches. He has 29 in 67 at bats this year.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 114
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (119)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)