Apr 26, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Records that I never thought about once until someone told me this morning: the strikeout streak. As in, consecutive games in which a hitter struck out. But, yes, it is a thing — Jarrod Saltalamacchia set it at 28 games in 2009 — and Adam Dunn is challenging it.
Dunn struck out twice last night, running his streak to 22 straight games with a strikeout, dating to last season. And his streak is not a cheapie: they’re coming in bunches. He has 29 in 67 at bats this year.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)