Apr 26, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Records that I never thought about once until someone told me this morning: the strikeout streak. As in, consecutive games in which a hitter struck out. But, yes, it is a thing — Jarrod Saltalamacchia set it at 28 games in 2009 — and Adam Dunn is challenging it.
Dunn struck out twice last night, running his streak to 22 straight games with a strikeout, dating to last season. And his streak is not a cheapie: they’re coming in bunches. He has 29 in 67 at bats this year.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (75)