Apr 26, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
This can’t last. Of that much I’m certain. But dudes: Albert Pujols just went hitless in his fifth straight game. He’s 0 for 19 in that stretch. I’m thinking of moving to Defcon 4 here.
He at least walked last night — viva reaching base! — but he struck out twice, and he finds himself in the longest slump of his career and is sporting a stinky .222/.282/.319 line.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)