Apr 26, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Aubrey Huff‘s anxiety-inspired trip to the disabled list was a somewhat surprising, but it appears he won’t be away from the team for an extended period: Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is expected to join the team back in San Francisco on either Friday or Saturday.
Baggarly also sheds a little light on what may be going on in Huff’s life: his wife filed for divorce just before spring training started. That may not have anything to do with what’s happening, but the anxiety was occasioned by a trip home to Florida to deal with “personal issues.” And while everyone’s situation is different, as a recently-divorced fellow, I can attest to the fact that such an experience is trying as all get-out, and that’s even if things go relatively amicably.
Here’s hoping this is but a blip on Huff’s radar screen and he’s back to his old self soon.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)