Apr 26, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Aubrey Huff‘s anxiety-inspired trip to the disabled list was a somewhat surprising, but it appears he won’t be away from the team for an extended period: Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is expected to join the team back in San Francisco on either Friday or Saturday.
Baggarly also sheds a little light on what may be going on in Huff’s life: his wife filed for divorce just before spring training started. That may not have anything to do with what’s happening, but the anxiety was occasioned by a trip home to Florida to deal with “personal issues.” And while everyone’s situation is different, as a recently-divorced fellow, I can attest to the fact that such an experience is trying as all get-out, and that’s even if things go relatively amicably.
Here’s hoping this is but a blip on Huff’s radar screen and he’s back to his old self soon.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29