Apr 26, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
Aubrey Huff‘s anxiety-inspired trip to the disabled list was a somewhat surprising, but it appears he won’t be away from the team for an extended period: Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Huff is expected to join the team back in San Francisco on either Friday or Saturday.
Baggarly also sheds a little light on what may be going on in Huff’s life: his wife filed for divorce just before spring training started. That may not have anything to do with what’s happening, but the anxiety was occasioned by a trip home to Florida to deal with “personal issues.” And while everyone’s situation is different, as a recently-divorced fellow, I can attest to the fact that such an experience is trying as all get-out, and that’s even if things go relatively amicably.
Here’s hoping this is but a blip on Huff’s radar screen and he’s back to his old self soon.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 23
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 11
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)