Chris Parmelee “doing well” after being hit in the head

Apr 26, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT

Boston Red Sox v Minnesota Twins Getty Images

Chris Parmelee got drilled in the helmet by a pitch last night and was down for several minutes before being checked out by Twins trainers and eventually leaving the field under his own power.

He looked a little dazed as he made it back to the dugout and the Twins’ recent history with concussions to Justin Morneau and Denard Span understandably has everyone in Minnesota very worried, but so far the news on Parmelee is positive.

Minnesota is off tonight, but the Twins announced that he’s “doing well” after undergoing a series of tests and is officially considered day-to-day. Morneau and Span were also considered day-to-day before missing extended action with their concussions, but the difference (so far at least) is that there’s no indication Parmelee is experiencing post-concussion symptoms.

If you missed the beaning last night, click here for the video (but be warned that it isn’t pretty).

1. El Bravo - Apr 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Yeah, Craig, this didn’t exactly fit your ATH summary of the game stating the pen did well last night for the Sox, b/c well, they really didn’t. They sucked royally and the Twins shoulda won the game, but there was poor call in the ninth that called a foul ball fair.

• El Bravo - Apr 26, 2012 at 4:25 PM

whoopsie daisy, sorry Aaron, shoulda assumed this was yours given it is Twinkies related. point still stands. bad call. sox pen still sucks.

• kopy - Apr 26, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I agree. I was at the game last night. The box score doesn’t do justice to how close the Twins were to winning this game. Also, I watched the game from a spot where I would never have the dilemma of what to do if I caught a foul/home run ball, and I could still hear the sickening sound of ball-on-batting helmet way too clearly.

• El Bravo - Apr 26, 2012 at 4:47 PM

That was supposed to be a reply to Mr. Kopy….man, I’m failing on posts all over today…not really, just this one, but still…

2. El Bravo - Apr 26, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Yeah I watched that one for most of the evening which is why I was surprised by the summary stating the pen held its own. A couple did, but at the same time, dude almost killed someone and the ninth really should have gone the Twins way. That said, Span’s swinging final strike was WEAK! He new it too.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win