Apr 26, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Chris Parmelee got drilled in the helmet by a pitch last night and was down for several minutes before being checked out by Twins trainers and eventually leaving the field under his own power.
He looked a little dazed as he made it back to the dugout and the Twins’ recent history with concussions to Justin Morneau and Denard Span understandably has everyone in Minnesota very worried, but so far the news on Parmelee is positive.
Minnesota is off tonight, but the Twins announced that he’s “doing well” after undergoing a series of tests and is officially considered day-to-day. Morneau and Span were also considered day-to-day before missing extended action with their concussions, but the difference (so far at least) is that there’s no indication Parmelee is experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
If you missed the beaning last night, click here for the video (but be warned that it isn’t pretty).
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)