Apr 26, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Chris Parmelee got drilled in the helmet by a pitch last night and was down for several minutes before being checked out by Twins trainers and eventually leaving the field under his own power.
He looked a little dazed as he made it back to the dugout and the Twins’ recent history with concussions to Justin Morneau and Denard Span understandably has everyone in Minnesota very worried, but so far the news on Parmelee is positive.
Minnesota is off tonight, but the Twins announced that he’s “doing well” after undergoing a series of tests and is officially considered day-to-day. Morneau and Span were also considered day-to-day before missing extended action with their concussions, but the difference (so far at least) is that there’s no indication Parmelee is experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
If you missed the beaning last night, click here for the video (but be warned that it isn’t pretty).
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)