Apr 26, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Chris Parmelee got drilled in the helmet by a pitch last night and was down for several minutes before being checked out by Twins trainers and eventually leaving the field under his own power.
He looked a little dazed as he made it back to the dugout and the Twins’ recent history with concussions to Justin Morneau and Denard Span understandably has everyone in Minnesota very worried, but so far the news on Parmelee is positive.
Minnesota is off tonight, but the Twins announced that he’s “doing well” after undergoing a series of tests and is officially considered day-to-day. Morneau and Span were also considered day-to-day before missing extended action with their concussions, but the difference (so far at least) is that there’s no indication Parmelee is experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
If you missed the beaning last night, click here for the video (but be warned that it isn’t pretty).
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 2
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 95
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)