Apr 26, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Chris Parmelee got drilled in the helmet by a pitch last night and was down for several minutes before being checked out by Twins trainers and eventually leaving the field under his own power.
He looked a little dazed as he made it back to the dugout and the Twins’ recent history with concussions to Justin Morneau and Denard Span understandably has everyone in Minnesota very worried, but so far the news on Parmelee is positive.
Minnesota is off tonight, but the Twins announced that he’s “doing well” after undergoing a series of tests and is officially considered day-to-day. Morneau and Span were also considered day-to-day before missing extended action with their concussions, but the difference (so far at least) is that there’s no indication Parmelee is experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
If you missed the beaning last night, click here for the video (but be warned that it isn’t pretty).
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)