Apr 26, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
Chris Parmelee got drilled in the helmet by a pitch last night and was down for several minutes before being checked out by Twins trainers and eventually leaving the field under his own power.
He looked a little dazed as he made it back to the dugout and the Twins’ recent history with concussions to Justin Morneau and Denard Span understandably has everyone in Minnesota very worried, but so far the news on Parmelee is positive.
Minnesota is off tonight, but the Twins announced that he’s “doing well” after undergoing a series of tests and is officially considered day-to-day. Morneau and Span were also considered day-to-day before missing extended action with their concussions, but the difference (so far at least) is that there’s no indication Parmelee is experiencing post-concussion symptoms.
If you missed the beaning last night, click here for the video (but be warned that it isn’t pretty).
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59