Apr 26, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Freddy Sanchez‘s entire Giants career has been filled with injury setbacks and now there’s a new one.
Andrew Baggarly of CSNBayArea.com reports that Sanchez had a setback while rehabbing his surgically repaired shoulder in the minors, with manager Bruce Bochy describing it as “a little tightness in the shoulder.”
Bochy classified the situation as “a setback” but also added that “we’re hoping it’s a minor one.”
I’m not so sure such a thing exists with Sanchez at this point, particularly since he hadn’t even advanced to playing second base in minor-league games yet. Earlier this week the Giants laid out an 18-day rehab schedule that had Sanchez returning from the disabled list on May 11, but that’s obviously out the window now.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (98)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)