Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Scene in Arlington, Texas last night: foul ball tossed into the stands, young kid almost gets it, but another dude grabs it and preens with it with his lady friend while kid reaches out for it and cries.
I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
The kid got a ball given to him later. But still: if you’re over the age of, say, 16 and a ball comes to you in the stands and there’s a cute little kid next to you: give it to him. No, you don’t have to. But it’s the right thing to do.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)