Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Scene in Arlington, Texas last night: foul ball tossed into the stands, young kid almost gets it, but another dude grabs it and preens with it with his lady friend while kid reaches out for it and cries.
I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
The kid got a ball given to him later. But still: if you’re over the age of, say, 16 and a ball comes to you in the stands and there’s a cute little kid next to you: give it to him. No, you don’t have to. But it’s the right thing to do.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 1
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 11
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)