Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
Scene in Arlington, Texas last night: foul ball tossed into the stands, young kid almost gets it, but another dude grabs it and preens with it with his lady friend while kid reaches out for it and cries.
I don’t want to live on this planet anymore.
The kid got a ball given to him later. But still: if you’re over the age of, say, 16 and a ball comes to you in the stands and there’s a cute little kid next to you: give it to him. No, you don’t have to. But it’s the right thing to do.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 47
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 97
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 67
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)