Apr 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Kerry Wood is eligible to return from the disabled list Sunday, but that won’t happen because the veteran reliever isn’t recovered from shoulder fatigue.
In fact, manager Dale Sveum told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs “are not putting any timetable on his return or anything.”
Wood was able to throw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since being placed on the DL and getting a cortisone injection in his shoulder, but Sveum indicated that he still needs to build up more arm strength before rejoining the bullpen is possible.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)