Apr 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Kerry Wood is eligible to return from the disabled list Sunday, but that won’t happen because the veteran reliever isn’t recovered from shoulder fatigue.
In fact, manager Dale Sveum told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs “are not putting any timetable on his return or anything.”
Wood was able to throw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since being placed on the DL and getting a cortisone injection in his shoulder, but Sveum indicated that he still needs to build up more arm strength before rejoining the bullpen is possible.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)