Apr 26, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Kerry Wood is eligible to return from the disabled list Sunday, but that won’t happen because the veteran reliever isn’t recovered from shoulder fatigue.
In fact, manager Dale Sveum told Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune that the Cubs “are not putting any timetable on his return or anything.”
Wood was able to throw off a mound Tuesday for the first time since being placed on the DL and getting a cortisone injection in his shoulder, but Sveum indicated that he still needs to build up more arm strength before rejoining the bullpen is possible.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 104
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 32
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (105)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)