Apr 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I am hesitant to even mention this because every time I say something positive about Grady Sizemore he falls off a cliff, gets hit by a bus or spontaneously combusts, but I’ll say it anyway: he’s making progress in his back/knee rehab and the Indians sound guardedly optimistic.
As Paul Hoynes reports, Sizemore was at Progressive Field, with the club for the first time since his March 1 surgery and had a light workout. On the treadmill at 90 percent and some tossing in the outfield.
There’s still no timetable for his return, but the team still believes he’ll play the “bulk of the season.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)