Apr 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I am hesitant to even mention this because every time I say something positive about Grady Sizemore he falls off a cliff, gets hit by a bus or spontaneously combusts, but I’ll say it anyway: he’s making progress in his back/knee rehab and the Indians sound guardedly optimistic.
As Paul Hoynes reports, Sizemore was at Progressive Field, with the club for the first time since his March 1 surgery and had a light workout. On the treadmill at 90 percent and some tossing in the outfield.
There’s still no timetable for his return, but the team still believes he’ll play the “bulk of the season.”
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead