Apr 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
I am hesitant to even mention this because every time I say something positive about Grady Sizemore he falls off a cliff, gets hit by a bus or spontaneously combusts, but I’ll say it anyway: he’s making progress in his back/knee rehab and the Indians sound guardedly optimistic.
As Paul Hoynes reports, Sizemore was at Progressive Field, with the club for the first time since his March 1 surgery and had a light workout. On the treadmill at 90 percent and some tossing in the outfield.
There’s still no timetable for his return, but the team still believes he’ll play the “bulk of the season.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)