Apr 26, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
OK, so is probably bordering on simply trolling Mets fans and they’ve had it tough enough, but manager Terry Collins’ quotes about the team not knowing their own signs is hard to ignore. Sorry.
Collins was asked why he doesn’t call for more hit-and-runs and replied:
That’s not necessarily true. We’ve missed a few signs. There’s a few secrets that aren’t out there yet. That’s why I’m not worried about the other team [stealing our signs], because we haven’t got them [down] yet.
Collins told Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York that the Mets have already missed two squeeze bunt signs and multiple hit-and-runs, although he didn’t get into specifics.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)