Apr 26, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
OK, so is probably bordering on simply trolling Mets fans and they’ve had it tough enough, but manager Terry Collins’ quotes about the team not knowing their own signs is hard to ignore. Sorry.
Collins was asked why he doesn’t call for more hit-and-runs and replied:
That’s not necessarily true. We’ve missed a few signs. There’s a few secrets that aren’t out there yet. That’s why I’m not worried about the other team [stealing our signs], because we haven’t got them [down] yet.
Collins told Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York that the Mets have already missed two squeeze bunt signs and multiple hit-and-runs, although he didn’t get into specifics.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)