Apr 26, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
OK, so is probably bordering on simply trolling Mets fans and they’ve had it tough enough, but manager Terry Collins’ quotes about the team not knowing their own signs is hard to ignore. Sorry.
Collins was asked why he doesn’t call for more hit-and-runs and replied:
That’s not necessarily true. We’ve missed a few signs. There’s a few secrets that aren’t out there yet. That’s why I’m not worried about the other team [stealing our signs], because we haven’t got them [down] yet.
Collins told Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York that the Mets have already missed two squeeze bunt signs and multiple hit-and-runs, although he didn’t get into specifics.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)