Apr 26, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
OK, so is probably bordering on simply trolling Mets fans and they’ve had it tough enough, but manager Terry Collins’ quotes about the team not knowing their own signs is hard to ignore. Sorry.
Collins was asked why he doesn’t call for more hit-and-runs and replied:
That’s not necessarily true. We’ve missed a few signs. There’s a few secrets that aren’t out there yet. That’s why I’m not worried about the other team [stealing our signs], because we haven’t got them [down] yet.
Collins told Mike Mazzeo of ESPN New York that the Mets have already missed two squeeze bunt signs and multiple hit-and-runs, although he didn’t get into specifics.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)