Apr 26, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
After throwing 101 pitches in his fourth and final minor-league rehab start Tim Hudson has been cleared to return from back surgery and the 36-year-old will rejoin the Braves’ rotation Sunday versus the Pirates.
He posted a 3.57 ERA while rehabbing and held minor-league hitters to a .190 batting average, but also had a poor 9/6 K/BB ratio in 10.2 innings. In terms of workload Hudson should be fully stretched out and able to start without any restrictions.
Because of Jurrjens’ demotion rookie Randall Delgado will remain in the rotation as the Braves’ fifth starter.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)