Apr 26, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Minor league suspension time, people. Today’s perp walk features single-A pitchers from the Indians and White Sox:
Cleveland Indians Minor League pitcher Harold Guerrero has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Guerrero is currently on the roster of the Single-A Mahoning Valley Scrappers of the New York-Penn League.
Chicago White Sox Minor League pitcher Andre Rienzo has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Rienzo is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League.
Since I started getting these minor league suspension press releases last year, I’ve noticed that a huge number of them are of pitchers. One would think that would stop people from talking about how pitchers were the big victims of the steroids era, but that would require some critical thinking, and we don’t get much of that when it comes to steroids in baseball.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)