Apr 26, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Minor league suspension time, people. Today’s perp walk features single-A pitchers from the Indians and White Sox:
Cleveland Indians Minor League pitcher Harold Guerrero has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Guerrero is currently on the roster of the Single-A Mahoning Valley Scrappers of the New York-Penn League.
Chicago White Sox Minor League pitcher Andre Rienzo has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Rienzo is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League.
Since I started getting these minor league suspension press releases last year, I’ve noticed that a huge number of them are of pitchers. One would think that would stop people from talking about how pitchers were the big victims of the steroids era, but that would require some critical thinking, and we don’t get much of that when it comes to steroids in baseball.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)