Apr 26, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Minor league suspension time, people. Today’s perp walk features single-A pitchers from the Indians and White Sox:
Cleveland Indians Minor League pitcher Harold Guerrero has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Guerrero is currently on the roster of the Single-A Mahoning Valley Scrappers of the New York-Penn League.
Chicago White Sox Minor League pitcher Andre Rienzo has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Rienzo is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League.
Since I started getting these minor league suspension press releases last year, I’ve noticed that a huge number of them are of pitchers. One would think that would stop people from talking about how pitchers were the big victims of the steroids era, but that would require some critical thinking, and we don’t get much of that when it comes to steroids in baseball.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 13
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 37
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)