Apr 26, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Minor league suspension time, people. Today’s perp walk features single-A pitchers from the Indians and White Sox:
Cleveland Indians Minor League pitcher Harold Guerrero has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Guerrero is currently on the roster of the Single-A Mahoning Valley Scrappers of the New York-Penn League.
Chicago White Sox Minor League pitcher Andre Rienzo has received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance. Rienzo is currently on the roster of the Single-A Winston-Salem Dash of the Carolina League.
Since I started getting these minor league suspension press releases last year, I’ve noticed that a huge number of them are of pitchers. One would think that would stop people from talking about how pitchers were the big victims of the steroids era, but that would require some critical thinking, and we don’t get much of that when it comes to steroids in baseball.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)