Apr 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
It’s not been a great week for the Tigers. It just got worse. The Tigers landed in New York last night for this weekend’s series against the Yankees and one of them — Delmon Young — had a bit too much to drink last night and got all shovey outside of a Midtown hotel:
Detroit Tigers slugger Delmon Young was arrested early this morning after he allegedly assaulted a man in front of a Midtown hotel, police sources told The Post.
Cops were called to the hotel around 2:40 a.m. after Young, whose ballclub is in town to play the Yankees tonight, pushed the man to the ground, sources said.
The Post’s source said Young was “highly intoxicated.” He was take to a hospital to sober up before being taken to jail, where he still sits as this post goes up, waiting arraignment for third degree assault.
The victim had scratches and nothing more, the report says. No word if Young swung at him. But yeah, he probably did because he swings at everything, and yeah, he probably missed.
UPDATE: Young is also being charged with a hate crime for “anti-Semitic remarks” during the assault.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel