Apr 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
It’s not been a great week for the Tigers. It just got worse. The Tigers landed in New York last night for this weekend’s series against the Yankees and one of them — Delmon Young — had a bit too much to drink last night and got all shovey outside of a Midtown hotel:
Detroit Tigers slugger Delmon Young was arrested early this morning after he allegedly assaulted a man in front of a Midtown hotel, police sources told The Post.
Cops were called to the hotel around 2:40 a.m. after Young, whose ballclub is in town to play the Yankees tonight, pushed the man to the ground, sources said.
The Post’s source said Young was “highly intoxicated.” He was take to a hospital to sober up before being taken to jail, where he still sits as this post goes up, waiting arraignment for third degree assault.
The victim had scratches and nothing more, the report says. No word if Young swung at him. But yeah, he probably did because he swings at everything, and yeah, he probably missed.
UPDATE: Young is also being charged with a hate crime for “anti-Semitic remarks” during the assault.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 3
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)