Apr 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
It’s not been a great week for the Tigers. It just got worse. The Tigers landed in New York last night for this weekend’s series against the Yankees and one of them — Delmon Young — had a bit too much to drink last night and got all shovey outside of a Midtown hotel:
Detroit Tigers slugger Delmon Young was arrested early this morning after he allegedly assaulted a man in front of a Midtown hotel, police sources told The Post.
Cops were called to the hotel around 2:40 a.m. after Young, whose ballclub is in town to play the Yankees tonight, pushed the man to the ground, sources said.
The Post’s source said Young was “highly intoxicated.” He was take to a hospital to sober up before being taken to jail, where he still sits as this post goes up, waiting arraignment for third degree assault.
The victim had scratches and nothing more, the report says. No word if Young swung at him. But yeah, he probably did because he swings at everything, and yeah, he probably missed.
UPDATE: Young is also being charged with a hate crime for “anti-Semitic remarks” during the assault.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)