Apr 27, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
It’s not been a great week for the Tigers. It just got worse. The Tigers landed in New York last night for this weekend’s series against the Yankees and one of them — Delmon Young — had a bit too much to drink last night and got all shovey outside of a Midtown hotel:
Detroit Tigers slugger Delmon Young was arrested early this morning after he allegedly assaulted a man in front of a Midtown hotel, police sources told The Post.
Cops were called to the hotel around 2:40 a.m. after Young, whose ballclub is in town to play the Yankees tonight, pushed the man to the ground, sources said.
The Post’s source said Young was “highly intoxicated.” He was take to a hospital to sober up before being taken to jail, where he still sits as this post goes up, waiting arraignment for third degree assault.
The victim had scratches and nothing more, the report says. No word if Young swung at him. But yeah, he probably did because he swings at everything, and yeah, he probably missed.
UPDATE: Young is also being charged with a hate crime for “anti-Semitic remarks” during the assault.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)