Apr 27, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
Aubrey Huff rejoined the Giants today in San Francisco after being placed on the 15-day disabled list earlier this week with an anxiety disorder.
While Huff didn’t address reporters, he did release the following statement (via CSNBayArea.com) to say thanks for the support he has received this week.
“Thank you to the fans, media and Giants organization for the outpouring of support during this very difficult week. I’m especially grateful for the texts and calls from my teammates, who are like my brothers and have let me know they’re here for me.
My goal is to get back on the field as soon as possible. To do that, I have to focus completely on getting well. I know I’m in a public job, and I’ve been one of the more open guys. But sometimes you have to pull back and work on things in private. This is one of those times.
I appreciate your understanding and patience.”
Huff doesn’t owe us anything, so he’s really going above and beyond here. Let’s hope things get back to normal for him again soon.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)