Apr 27, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but Comak compares it to a sports hernia, which certainly doesn’t sound good. Ryan Perry, who was acquired from the Tigers in December, will be called up to take his place on the active roster. The 24-year-old right-hander has a 2.00 ERA and 11/4 K/BB ratio over nine innings this season with Triple-A Syracuse.
Nationals manager Davey Johnson has utilized a duel-closer approach with Drew Storen sidelined following elbow surgery, but now young fireballer Henry Rodriguez will have the job all to himself. The 25-year-old is 5-for-5 in save opportunities this season while posting a 10/6 K/BB ratio over over 8 1/3 scoreless innings. Lidge is 2-for-4 in save chances with 5.14 ERA and 7/7 K/BB ratio over seven innings, so Rodriguez was plenty deserving of the gig, anyway.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)