Apr 27, 2012, 6:40 PM EST
No word yet on the severity of the injury, but Comak compares it to a sports hernia, which certainly doesn’t sound good. Ryan Perry, who was acquired from the Tigers in December, will be called up to take his place on the active roster. The 24-year-old right-hander has a 2.00 ERA and 11/4 K/BB ratio over nine innings this season with Triple-A Syracuse.
Nationals manager Davey Johnson has utilized a duel-closer approach with Drew Storen sidelined following elbow surgery, but now young fireballer Henry Rodriguez will have the job all to himself. The 25-year-old is 5-for-5 in save opportunities this season while posting a 10/6 K/BB ratio over over 8 1/3 scoreless innings. Lidge is 2-for-4 in save chances with 5.14 ERA and 7/7 K/BB ratio over seven innings, so Rodriguez was plenty deserving of the gig, anyway.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)