Apr 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Rafael Perez showed significantly diminished velocity in his last outing, with his fastball topping out in the mid-80s, and not surprisingly it turns out he was injured.
Perez has been a key setup man for the Indians during the past five seasons, posting an ERA under 3.50 in four of those years, but the 30-year-old left-hander’s average fastball velocity has gone from 90.7 miles per hour in 2010 to 89.3 mph in 2011 to 87.7 mph this year.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)