Apr 27, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
Rafael Perez showed significantly diminished velocity in his last outing, with his fastball topping out in the mid-80s, and not surprisingly it turns out he was injured.
Perez has been a key setup man for the Indians during the past five seasons, posting an ERA under 3.50 in four of those years, but the 30-year-old left-hander’s average fastball velocity has gone from 90.7 miles per hour in 2010 to 89.3 mph in 2011 to 87.7 mph this year.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 316
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (316)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)