Delmon Young’s arrest comes on the six-year anniversary of his suspension for throwing bat at umpire
Apr 27, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
After reading Craig Calcaterra’s post about the incident one reader tipped me off to the fact that the arrest comes on the six-year anniversary of Young being suspended indefinitely by the International League for throwing his bat at an umpire in a Triple-A game.
That incident occurred on April 26, 2006 and the indefinite suspension followed on April 27, 2006, eventually becoming a 50-game suspension. I’ll assume that Young wasn’t “highly intoxicated” because he was doing some sort of six-year anniversary celebration, but either way he might want to cancel all April 26/27 plans in the future.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59