Apr 27, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I’ll admit, the biggest reason I’m writing this post is because I think it’s kind of neat to be talking about Nick Johnson playing baseball games. He’s done so little of that over the years due to injury and all of that. Kind of a shame given how much promise he once had.
But alas, the playing part isn’t going too well for him. He went 0-for-4 yesterday, which brings him to 0-for-26 on the season. Yikes.
The worst part of it: before the season began he was one of just 10 active hitters with at least 2,500 career plate appearances and an on-base percentage above .400. Thanks to the 0-for-2012, it’s now at .399.
Given that Johnson doesn’t have Hall of Fame debates in his future or anything, a nice spiffy round number on the back of his baseball card woulda been nice. So for those purely superficial reasons, here’s hoping he gets it back up above .400 before the O’s cut bait on him and/or he gets injured again.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona