Apr 27, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I’ll admit, the biggest reason I’m writing this post is because I think it’s kind of neat to be talking about Nick Johnson playing baseball games. He’s done so little of that over the years due to injury and all of that. Kind of a shame given how much promise he once had.
But alas, the playing part isn’t going too well for him. He went 0-for-4 yesterday, which brings him to 0-for-26 on the season. Yikes.
The worst part of it: before the season began he was one of just 10 active hitters with at least 2,500 career plate appearances and an on-base percentage above .400. Thanks to the 0-for-2012, it’s now at .399.
Given that Johnson doesn’t have Hall of Fame debates in his future or anything, a nice spiffy round number on the back of his baseball card woulda been nice. So for those purely superficial reasons, here’s hoping he gets it back up above .400 before the O’s cut bait on him and/or he gets injured again.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17