Apr 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
His injury is officially being called a strained forearm and the Padres called up Dale Thayer from Triple-A to take Owings’ spot on the roster and in the bullpen.
Owings has pitched pretty well since moving to the bullpen full time, posting a 3.47 ERA and 51/28 K/BB ratio in 73 innings since the beginning of last season. Despite a .283 batting average and .813 OPS he hasn’t had much of an opportunity to hit lately, totaling just 35 at-bats since 2010.
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 12
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 3
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 48
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)