Apr 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
His injury is officially being called a strained forearm and the Padres called up Dale Thayer from Triple-A to take Owings’ spot on the roster and in the bullpen.
Owings has pitched pretty well since moving to the bullpen full time, posting a 3.47 ERA and 51/28 K/BB ratio in 73 innings since the beginning of last season. Despite a .283 batting average and .813 OPS he hasn’t had much of an opportunity to hit lately, totaling just 35 at-bats since 2010.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)