Apr 27, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
His injury is officially being called a strained forearm and the Padres called up Dale Thayer from Triple-A to take Owings’ spot on the roster and in the bullpen.
Owings has pitched pretty well since moving to the bullpen full time, posting a 3.47 ERA and 51/28 K/BB ratio in 73 innings since the beginning of last season. Despite a .283 batting average and .813 OPS he hasn’t had much of an opportunity to hit lately, totaling just 35 at-bats since 2010.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29