Apr 27, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
The good news is that Twins rookie Chris Parmelee has yet to experience any concussion-related symptoms after being drilled in the helmet Wednesday and seems likely to avoid the disabled list.
The bad news, as Twins media communications staffer explains, is that Parmelee now “looks like he got punched by Mike Tyson”:
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45