Apr 27, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
Kyle Weiland was going to have his next turn in the rotation skipped anyway, but instead the Astros have placed him on the disabled list with right shoulder bursitis.
Weiland, who was acquired from the Red Sox in the Mark Melancon-for-Jed Lowrie swap in mid-December, went 0-3 with a 6.62 ERA in three starts while serving up five homers in 18 innings.
Normally the Astros could have backdated Weiland’s disabled list stint to Sunday, when he last started, but because they used him as a pinch-runner Wednesday he’ll have to spend a full two weeks on the shelf.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)