Apr 28, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young‘s stint on the restricted list could be a brief one.
According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said this afternoon that Young could return to the lineup as soon as Tuesday if he is cleared following an evaluation by MLB.
Lynn Henning of the Detroit News reports that doctors for MLB and MLBPA must agree on Young’s ability to play minus alcohol or “anger management” challenges before he’s cleared to return. Dombrowski expects to get a full report Monday and it’s possible Young will be advised to undergo some sort of treatment or counseling in the wake of his hate-crime arrest.
Lastly, Knobler notes that Young will be paid for the time he spends on the restricted list.
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 2
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 56
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 9
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games