Apr 28, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young‘s stint on the restricted list could be a brief one.
According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said this afternoon that Young could return to the lineup as soon as Tuesday if he is cleared following an evaluation by MLB.
Lynn Henning of the Detroit News reports that doctors for MLB and MLBPA must agree on Young’s ability to play minus alcohol or “anger management” challenges before he’s cleared to return. Dombrowski expects to get a full report Monday and it’s possible Young will be advised to undergo some sort of treatment or counseling in the wake of his hate-crime arrest.
Lastly, Knobler notes that Young will be paid for the time he spends on the restricted list.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)