Apr 28, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
Delmon Young‘s stint on the restricted list could be a brief one.
According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said this afternoon that Young could return to the lineup as soon as Tuesday if he is cleared following an evaluation by MLB.
Lynn Henning of the Detroit News reports that doctors for MLB and MLBPA must agree on Young’s ability to play minus alcohol or “anger management” challenges before he’s cleared to return. Dombrowski expects to get a full report Monday and it’s possible Young will be advised to undergo some sort of treatment or counseling in the wake of his hate-crime arrest.
Lastly, Knobler notes that Young will be paid for the time he spends on the restricted list.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 148
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)