Apr 28, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young‘s stint on the restricted list could be a brief one.
According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said this afternoon that Young could return to the lineup as soon as Tuesday if he is cleared following an evaluation by MLB.
Lynn Henning of the Detroit News reports that doctors for MLB and MLBPA must agree on Young’s ability to play minus alcohol or “anger management” challenges before he’s cleared to return. Dombrowski expects to get a full report Monday and it’s possible Young will be advised to undergo some sort of treatment or counseling in the wake of his hate-crime arrest.
Lastly, Knobler notes that Young will be paid for the time he spends on the restricted list.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)