Apr 28, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
Delmon Young‘s stint on the restricted list could be a brief one.
According to Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski said this afternoon that Young could return to the lineup as soon as Tuesday if he is cleared following an evaluation by MLB.
Lynn Henning of the Detroit News reports that doctors for MLB and MLBPA must agree on Young’s ability to play minus alcohol or “anger management” challenges before he’s cleared to return. Dombrowski expects to get a full report Monday and it’s possible Young will be advised to undergo some sort of treatment or counseling in the wake of his hate-crime arrest.
Lastly, Knobler notes that Young will be paid for the time he spends on the restricted list.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)