Apr 28, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
The Orioles seem to have a mini-epidemic of fans running onto the field at Camden Yards.
It happened again in last night’s game against the Athletics, as a shirtless man galloped around the field during the seventh inning stretch. He made his way through the outfield, evaded security near second base, rounded third and slid head-first into home before home plate umpire Jeff Kellogg simply had enough.
Check out the video of the tackle below, shot from the perspective of a fan behind the first base dugout:
Nicely done, Mr. Kellogg. I’d imagine MLB frowns on umpires getting involved in these situations, just as they do with the players, but could that security be any more passive?
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 4
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 37
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)