Apr 28, 2012, 10:09 AM EST
The Orioles seem to have a mini-epidemic of fans running onto the field at Camden Yards.
It happened again in last night’s game against the Athletics, as a shirtless man galloped around the field during the seventh inning stretch. He made his way through the outfield, evaded security near second base, rounded third and slid head-first into home before home plate umpire Jeff Kellogg simply had enough.
Check out the video of the tackle below, shot from the perspective of a fan behind the first base dugout:
Nicely done, Mr. Kellogg. I’d imagine MLB frowns on umpires getting involved in these situations, just as they do with the players, but could that security be any more passive?
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (181)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)