Apr 28, 2012, 10:09 AM EST
The Orioles seem to have a mini-epidemic of fans running onto the field at Camden Yards.
It happened again in last night’s game against the Athletics, as a shirtless man galloped around the field during the seventh inning stretch. He made his way through the outfield, evaded security near second base, rounded third and slid head-first into home before home plate umpire Jeff Kellogg simply had enough.
Check out the video of the tackle below, shot from the perspective of a fan behind the first base dugout:
Nicely done, Mr. Kellogg. I’d imagine MLB frowns on umpires getting involved in these situations, just as they do with the players, but could that security be any more passive?
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 69
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 23
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)