Apr 28, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
The Orioles seem to have a mini-epidemic of fans running onto the field at Camden Yards.
It happened again in last night’s game against the Athletics, as a shirtless man galloped around the field during the seventh inning stretch. He made his way through the outfield, evaded security near second base, rounded third and slid head-first into home before home plate umpire Jeff Kellogg simply had enough.
Check out the video of the tackle below, shot from the perspective of a fan behind the first base dugout:
Nicely done, Mr. Kellogg. I’d imagine MLB frowns on umpires getting involved in these situations, just as they do with the players, but could that security be any more passive?
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)