Apr 28, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
The Orioles seem to have a mini-epidemic of fans running onto the field at Camden Yards.
It happened again in last night’s game against the Athletics, as a shirtless man galloped around the field during the seventh inning stretch. He made his way through the outfield, evaded security near second base, rounded third and slid head-first into home before home plate umpire Jeff Kellogg simply had enough.
Check out the video of the tackle below, shot from the perspective of a fan behind the first base dugout:
Nicely done, Mr. Kellogg. I’d imagine MLB frowns on umpires getting involved in these situations, just as they do with the players, but could that security be any more passive?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)