Apr 28, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo is out of the starting lineup for the fourth straight game this afternoon as he continues to nurse left hamstring tightness. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, he won’t return until at least Tuesday when the Indians open a series against the White Sox.
Choo was originally scheduled to test his hamstring by running on the field this morning, but the Indians have decided to hold off until tomorrow due to the wet field conditions. Today’s game is currently in a rain delay. Choo has reported some improvement in the area, he told Hoynes that he “can still feel it.” While he’s expected to avoid the disabled list, the Indians won’t put him back in the lineup until the tightness has subsided.
After a nightmare year in which he was arrested for a DUI last May and injuries limited him to a .259/.344/.390 batting line in 85 games, Choo is hitting .237/.375/.322 with zero homers, nine RBI, three stolen bases and a .697 OPS over 72 plate appearances so far this season.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)