Apr 28, 2012, 2:15 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo is out of the starting lineup for the fourth straight game this afternoon as he continues to nurse left hamstring tightness. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, he won’t return until at least Tuesday when the Indians open a series against the White Sox.
Choo was originally scheduled to test his hamstring by running on the field this morning, but the Indians have decided to hold off until tomorrow due to the wet field conditions. Today’s game is currently in a rain delay. Choo has reported some improvement in the area, he told Hoynes that he “can still feel it.” While he’s expected to avoid the disabled list, the Indians won’t put him back in the lineup until the tightness has subsided.
After a nightmare year in which he was arrested for a DUI last May and injuries limited him to a .259/.344/.390 batting line in 85 games, Choo is hitting .237/.375/.322 with zero homers, nine RBI, three stolen bases and a .697 OPS over 72 plate appearances so far this season.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)