Apr 28, 2012, 2:15 PM EST
Shin-Soo Choo is out of the starting lineup for the fourth straight game this afternoon as he continues to nurse left hamstring tightness. According to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, he won’t return until at least Tuesday when the Indians open a series against the White Sox.
Choo was originally scheduled to test his hamstring by running on the field this morning, but the Indians have decided to hold off until tomorrow due to the wet field conditions. Today’s game is currently in a rain delay. Choo has reported some improvement in the area, he told Hoynes that he “can still feel it.” While he’s expected to avoid the disabled list, the Indians won’t put him back in the lineup until the tightness has subsided.
After a nightmare year in which he was arrested for a DUI last May and injuries limited him to a .259/.344/.390 batting line in 85 games, Choo is hitting .237/.375/.322 with zero homers, nine RBI, three stolen bases and a .697 OPS over 72 plate appearances so far this season.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)