Apr 29, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
More progress for Boston’s Daisuke Matsuzaka.
According to Dan Hickling of the Boston Globe, the Japanese right-hander allowed just one earned run over 4 2/3 innings Saturday for the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs. It was his second minor league rehab start, and he reported no issues whatsoever with his surgically-repaired right elbow.
Matsuzaka is throwing all of his pitches and being clocked regularly in the lower-90s with his fastball. If all continues to go well, he could join the Red Sox starting rotation at some point in early June.
Dice-K has a 4.25 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 622 2/3 career major league innings (spanning five years).
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (126)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)