Apr 29, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
More progress for Boston’s Daisuke Matsuzaka.
According to Dan Hickling of the Boston Globe, the Japanese right-hander allowed just one earned run over 4 2/3 innings Saturday for the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs. It was his second minor league rehab start, and he reported no issues whatsoever with his surgically-repaired right elbow.
Matsuzaka is throwing all of his pitches and being clocked regularly in the lower-90s with his fastball. If all continues to go well, he could join the Red Sox starting rotation at some point in early June.
Dice-K has a 4.25 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 622 2/3 career major league innings (spanning five years).
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)