Apr 29, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
More progress for Boston’s Daisuke Matsuzaka.
According to Dan Hickling of the Boston Globe, the Japanese right-hander allowed just one earned run over 4 2/3 innings Saturday for the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs. It was his second minor league rehab start, and he reported no issues whatsoever with his surgically-repaired right elbow.
Matsuzaka is throwing all of his pitches and being clocked regularly in the lower-90s with his fastball. If all continues to go well, he could join the Red Sox starting rotation at some point in early June.
Dice-K has a 4.25 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 622 2/3 career major league innings (spanning five years).
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)