Apr 29, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT
More progress for Boston’s Daisuke Matsuzaka.
According to Dan Hickling of the Boston Globe, the Japanese right-hander allowed just one earned run over 4 2/3 innings Saturday for the Double-A Portland Sea Dogs. It was his second minor league rehab start, and he reported no issues whatsoever with his surgically-repaired right elbow.
Matsuzaka is throwing all of his pitches and being clocked regularly in the lower-90s with his fastball. If all continues to go well, he could join the Red Sox starting rotation at some point in early June.
Dice-K has a 4.25 ERA, 1.40 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 622 2/3 career major league innings (spanning five years).
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)